Monday, February 14, 2011

Sounds of Freedom.... This is how it starts

Today I begin my journey as a blogger. I had a hard time deciding what the theme or topic of my blog should be, but eventually realized that I didn't really need one. I love music. It is what speaks to my soul. One of my favorite songs of all time is by Jewel and is called "Life Uncommon." The lyrics are what inspired my URL:

"Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom. No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from. Fill your lives with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon."

Another favorite artist is Dave Matthews Band. His song "The Dreaming Tree" is what inspired the title of my blog:

"Standing here the old man said to me "Long before these crowded streets here stood my dreaming tree." Below it he would sit for hours at a time. Now progress takes away what forever took to find."

So that's what I have decided to use my blog for. I want to lend my voice only to sounds of freedom. To me, freedom is happiness. I want to share the things that make me happy, the things that I love, the things that have inspired me, and the things that make me smile.  I have a list of interests and hobbies longer than the dictionary, so the things that I dream of under my dreaming tree will probably seem a bit eclectic or random, but that's just who I am. That is what makes me happy, and that is where I find my freedom.

I am an extremely opinionated person, but I am not a person who is interested in conflict. If you read something on my blog that you disagree with, I respect your opinion and hope that you will just move on to a different post on my blog where you can gain something positive. I want to live my life as a constant pursuit of happiness, and if I find some small tidbit that brings something positive to my life, I want to share it and spread the happiness around. If it doesn't make you happy, no problem. Maybe something else will. That's the beauty of humanity, we're all so different, yet a little bit the same. I don't believe that our differences mean that we need to argue. Arguments are usually mean spirited and only tear others down. This is what our society has come to accept as the normal way of handling disagreements. I don't want to be normal. I want to lend my strength only to sounds of freedom from what is normal. I want to live a life uncommon.

I hope you'll join me.




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am officially becoming a follower. Although for some reason your page loads super slowly. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super lame.... I wonder why? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete