Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Total Cheater-Pants Chicken Pot Pie



Ingredients:
1 Pre-made pie crust
1 bag of Birds Eye brand Voila! skillet bag- the one called "Chicken & Vegetables in Pot Pie Gravy and crust crumbles" from the freezer section

Cook the skillet bag on the stove as directed, but don't add the crust crumbles at the end. Pour it into a pie baking pan. Roll out the pre-made pie crust (Walmart's Great Value crust comes out great). Take a knife and cut some cutie pie shapes out of it for venting. Then put it over the top of the pie pan, covering all of the filling. Then pinch the edges of the crust to seal the edges (and make it look pretty). Then bake it at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Yum!

*Just to clarify, part of why this is cheater-pants pie is because there is no bottom crust, only a top crust. Crazy, it still looks cute and tastes just as good!

5 comments:

  1. You should add the picture you took to this post! It looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to... but I took the picture on my phone so I have to walk ALL the way into the other room to get the SD converter.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I do that all. The. Time. Most of the time it's just not worth the effort. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't worth the effort, so I took a screen shot of my facebook upload. LOL. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similarly easy recipe that I use the frozen two pie crusts for. I just put my filling in one pie crust then plop the second one on top and then crush the edge down with a fork to try to make it look like I didn't cheat :P. Your filling is way easier though.

    ReplyDelete